Finding the university disability rights officer

If you have a disability, mental health condition or learning difficulty, you can find the disability officer at the university you wish to enrol at, or the nearest disability officer to your home address, to discuss the support that you may need.

Find a disability rights officer

Questions to ask when choosing a university

  • What extra support is available at the university?
  • Does the available support meet your individual needs?
  • How does the university or course provider support other students with a similar disability or additional need?
  • Will you need to provide proof of your disability - if so, what will you need to provide?
  • Can anyone help with applications for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs)?
  • Can you visit the university beforehand?
  • If you find it hard to talk to the course provider, can you nominate someone else on your behalf?