Post 16 school, college and university

Young people should be able to have high aspirations for the future, as well as being able to access the courses that will best enable them to achieve their goals and aspirations.

All colleges, other post-16 providers and universities will have support available for young adults with special needs and disabilities. This should be set out in their prospectus and on their website.

If you have a disability, mental health condition or learning difficulty, it is a good idea to contact the course providers to discuss what your needs might be, as well as to answer any questions you may have.

It's best to do this as early as possible - sometimes even before applying.

For more information, you can visit the students with disabilities page on the UCAS website.

There is also some useful information on the Disability Student's Allowance quality assurance group website.

Sixth forms and colleges in Lambeth

When you reach 16 years old, you can choose to go on to get qualifications at a further education (FE) college or sixth form college.

Checklist for visiting colleges

Going on to college is exciting. We want to help you choose the right college.

Finding the university disability rights officer

If you have a disability, mental health condition or learning difficulty, you can find the disability officer at the university you wish to enrol in

Disabled students helpline
Help with travel

Some young people will need support getting to school or college. Follow this path to find what help is available.