Lambeth Council's Children’s Commissioning team announcement
Lambeth’s Participation and Engagement Service (PES) is moving from Family Action to Contact on 1 December 2021. Lambeth has thoroughly enjoyed working with Family Action to support parents and carers with children with SEND in the borough over the last three years. We also appreciate their dedication and commitment in supporting the Lambeth Parent Carer Forum in ensuring that you have your say in how you want services in Lambeth to serve you.
Both services will now be hosted by Contact, who have spent many years working in Lambeth and have local knowledge and understanding of the needs of families with children who are SEND. Although our current contract with Family Action is coming to an end, we’re all working hard to ensure you continue to receive the same excellent level of support offered throughout and following this transition. This includes:
- advice on what services are available to you via the SEND Local Offer
- much needed practical family support via one-to-one sessions, support groups and workshops
- the re-introduction of some family day trips for the whole family
Sharon Kitson and Rosemary Merricks will continue to lead on the PES project and facilitation of the Lambeth Parent Forum, respectively. We’re proud of the relationship between the two services and the stability they provide to SEND families in the borough. We look forward to continuing working with them both.
The Lambeth Parent Forum, Family Action and Contact have also left a message for you all. You can download it below.
PES can be contacted by calling 07976 201 031. More on the Parent Forum below.
Lambeth Parent Forum - our mission
Lambeth Parent Forum is a voluntary group open to all parents and carers of children and young people, aged 0 to 25, with additional needs and disabilities who live in Lambeth.
Our aim is to give parents and carers the chance to influence the decisions that affect their families and help develop services that meet their needs. We also offer the chance to share experiences and knowledge with other parents and carers.
- Membership is free, and you choose to be involved as little or as much as you want.
- We are funded by the Department for Education and supported by Family Action Lambeth
- We are part of the National Network of Parent Carer Forums (NNPCF)
- Join us and add your voice to our developing group
What we do
- Regularly meet key policy-makers and service providers, like Lambeth Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). We give them constructive feedback about existing services. We tell them about the needs of our children and young people. We raise awareness of issues families face, the unmet needs, and work with them to develop services that meet those needs.
- Signpost parents and carers to local and national organisations, groups and charities that can help them.
- Organise workshops and information events.
- Run a regular ‘Come Together!’ coffee morning for parents and carers. These offer a safe space to share experiences and offer support
- Give parents and carers the chance to share their experience of what’s working and what’s not through meetings and surveys.
Visit the events page of our website to find out what’s happening soon.
Join the Parent Forum
You can join Lambeth Parent Forum by completing this online form.
Lambeth Parent Forum, We are 336, 336 Brixton Road, SW9 7AA
Tel: 07903 248077