Building regulations

Use this guide to find more information on building regulations and application fees. 

Apply for building regulations approval

You can apply for building regulations approval online, by email or by post.

Building work that you're planning at home or at work will need to comply with the standards set in the building regulations. 

Full plans application form:

Building notice application form:

Regularisation certificate application form:

Download a reversion notice application form

Download a Section 30 application form - PDF 128KB

Please download the fillable form and return with relevant plans and calculations to

There is a fee for both building notice and full plans applications. The fee for your application will depend upon the type of development and its scale. Please refer to our list of building regulations fees for details of some common domestic works.

Building Control application fees must be paid in full on submission of any application.

List of building regulations fees

For works other than common domestic projects, we recommend that you email us at with a clear description of all of the works that you intend to undertake, their location, and the cost of the works, for advice on the appropriate fee.

If you know the fee for your application from our list of building regulations fees, or if you have contacted us for advice on the fee, then please submit the fee with your application.

If you do not know the correct fee then you may submit your application without a fee and we will contact you so that you can make payment. This will delay the processing of your application until payment is received.

You can pay your application fee online by credit or debit card, or by cheque.

Pay online

You can pay your Building Control application fee online using the links below and choosing the option that relates to the type of application that you are submitting. You must quote the site address of the proposed works and/or application reference number (if known) when making the payment.

Pay full plans application fee

Pay building notice application fee

Pay regularisation certificate application fee (Building Control) fee

Pay reversion notice application fee

You can also pay for the following applications and services through the links below:

Pay copy of completion certificate fee

Pay demolition notices application fee

Pay Temporary Structures Section 30 consent fee

Pay Renewal of Temporary Structures Section 30 fee

Pay by credit or debit card

You can pay by credit or debit card over the phone. Usually we will contact you for outstanding payments once we have received and logged your application. If this has not happened and you have received an application reference number, call us on 020 7926 1150 with your debit or credit card details.

Pay by cheque

Cheques should be made payable to 'London Borough of Lambeth' and be sent to:

Building Control
London Borough of Lambeth
PO Box 734
SO23 5DG

Please write the address of the application property and, if you have it, the application reference number on the back of the cheque. This will help us process your payment quickly and efficiently.

There are no fees for building works for specific disabled needs, for example, ramp access or a disabled toilet.

Please read the notes on the application form and follow the guidance.

You can submit your application by post or email, including your completed form, drawings, and any other required documents, to:

Postal address:

Building Control
London Borough of Lambeth
PO Box 734
SO23 5DG

Next steps

Within three working days of receiving your building notice or full plans application, we will send you a letter to confirm whether we can process it. You can then arrange the first inspection with our surveyor. You must do this at least two days before the work is due to begin.

Whatever type of application you make, we will inspect the work in stages while it is being carried out.

When the work is finished our surveyor will:

  • carry out a final inspection
  • check that the work complies with building regulations
  • make sure that all the paperwork is complete
  • check that all fees have been paid

Once all this is done, our surveyor will be able to give building regulations approval.