Building regulations

Use this guide to find more information on building regulations and application fees. 

Report your intention to demolish a building

Anyone intending to undertake the demolition of a building must notify us.

Demolition notice application form

Not all demolition work requires a demolition notice to be submitted to Lambeth Council.

A demolition notice need not be served:

  • for the demolition of the internal part of a building, where the building is occupied and it is intended that it should continue to be occupied where the external volume is not greater than 50m3
  • if the building is a greenhouse, shed, conservatory or prefabricated garage
  • if the building is an agricultural building (as defined by Section 26 of the General Rate Act 1967), unless it is against a building that is itself not an agricultural building

Anyone intending to undertake the demolition of a building that is not in the above group must notify us.

The form must be submitted at least six weeks before the demolition is to be carried out.

Costs for this service

An initial fee (for sites other than those classified as large) of £268 is payable and must be sent together with your application.

Large sites are identified as sites containing a building greater than 7100m3 or over 30m high. An initial fee of £407 for larger sites is required.

The fee may be reassessed when the Section 80 notice is received due to the size and complexity of the site.

You can pay your demolition notice application fee online by visiting the demolition notices application.