Appeal a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) or the removal of your vehicle

If you receive a parking Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) that you feel is unfair, you can challenge it.

Make a formal appeal (representation)

If you do not pay or challenge your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) within the first 28 days after it is issued, we will send a written reminder called a Notice to Owner or an Enforcement Notice. This will give you an option to either pay the PCN or make a formal appeal (representation).

You can only make a formal appeal (representation) to us after receiving one of these written reminders. They will explain how to make a formal appeal. 

We will investigate the points raised in your appeal and will make a decision as to whether or not grounds have been met. If they have, you will receive a Notice of Acceptance and the PCN will be cancelled.

Chatbot Max is our new interactive tool available to assist and advise drivers with queries relating to parking tickets. You will be asked to provide your PCN reference number and contravention code to proceed.

Drivers wishing to query a parking ticket can live-chat with Chatbot Max to get expert advice 24/7.

Complete the PCN formal challenge form

Please note the form is not compatible with internet explorer and we recommend that you use a different browser such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or Firefox.

If the PCN is not cancelled you will be told the reasons why. If you disagree with our decision you can complete the form we will have sent you. This form will allow you to appeal to the Environment Tribunal Adjudicators.

We are required to respond to your representation within 56 days of receipt.