Who can use this service?
WorkWise is an employment service we’re running with St Mungo’s, to help Lambeth tenants affected by Welfare Reform into employment, training or volunteering.
Our service is open to tenants:
- whose benefit has been reduced due to having a spare bedroom
- who are benefit-capped and receive Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Income Support or Universal Credit.
What you need to know...
WorkWise offers one-to-one coaching in venues across Lambeth, supporting tenants to build and develop their skills and help them into work.
Everyone who initially registers for the service gets a personal work coordinator who will:
- meet with you
- provide personalised support
- advise you of any jobs you can apply for
- help with your job applications and preparation for your interviews.
In some cases, WorkWise may be able to offer you free and part-funded training in areas such as:
- accountancy (AAT)
- construction skills certification scheme (CSCS)
- health and safety in construction
- building a bike workshop
- painting and decorating
- graphic design
- ESOL, English and mathematics
- basic IT skills
- retail and customer service
- SIA (security guard licence, door supervision, CCTV)
- food safety awareness
- manual handling
- asbestos awareness.
Volunteering and working with employers
WorkWise can also support you into brokered and ‘ring fenced’ opportunities for tenants registered with St Mungo’s.
You'll have the opportunity to be put forward for short-term paid and unpaid work placements, in fields such administration, facilities, reception, and on-site experience in painting and decorating. In some cases, this can lead to permanent employment.
WorkWise has also worked in partnership with the Council to provide some of our tenants with volunteering opportunities.
Voluntary work is an excellent way to develop new skills and build confidence. If you’ve not worked for a long time, volunteering can help to show recent work experience to include on your CV.
The project has been developed to help our tenants gain experience in the workplace and achieve qualifications to increase the chances of obtaining employment.
By registering with WorkWise, you will have access to expert help and advice that can help you secure a job. If you are offered an interview, we may be able to refer you to get good quality interview clothing at no cost.
If you secure employment, we may be able to provide you with support to help you transition into work smoothly.
This support may include help towards your travel or assistance towards work equipment, uniforms or obtaining photographic ID.