Property Standards and Enforcement privacy notice
This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and your rights in relation to that information.
Our controller Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer.
Information we collect
- Your name and contact details.
- Information to investigate the complaint, such as fire safety records, insurance documents, photographs, witness statements of events, financial details, medical and criminal records, details of family circumstances and immigration records, where relevant.
- Evidence from on site, including photographs, CCTV, noise recordings, and detailed notes of what was observed.
- Payment details to pay fines.
- We may look up other information already held by the council relating to the complaint.
- We collect the information above to evidence your claim of statutory nuisance and take action which we are required to under legislation which includes the Housing Act 2004, the Control of Pollution Act 1974, and the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- We collect information from you directly and from other sources to validate your claim or request. This includes information from statutory services such as the police and social services, the NHS, social landlords, community safety and neighbours.
We may pass on relevant information about you to:
- our contractors to arrange repairs
- solicitors and the courts
- other statutory services.
- You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used. We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information. If this issue is not resolved, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
- You may at any time control access to and use of your personal information by contacting the Controller DPO above. Such control will include the ability to see what information we hold and to opt out of any use of your personal information and to prevent disclosure to any third party except as required by law or the order of a court of proper jurisdiction.
View the full version of our privacy notice.