Housing Service's privacy notice
This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and your rights in relation to that information.
Our controller Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer
Information we collect
- The information we collect about you is outlined on the council’s main privacy notice as well as in service-specific privacy notices which you can find on our website.
- Our use of CCTV and call recordings are described in the relevant council-wide policies.
- We may also collect personal information through recordings of noise nuisance. We store this for a maximum one-year period, after which it is securely deleted.
In Lambeth Housing Services, we:
- assess need and eligibility for housing
- allocate housing
- manage housing stock for which we are responsible
- support private sector tenants and landlords as required by legislation
- use your personal information to ensure that we meet all of our legal and statutory duties and those which apply under our contractual agreements.
We may also use your data:
- to check and, if needed, update your customer record details
- for administrative purposes and customer service
- to contact you to take part in independent research or surveys and ask your opinion about our services
- to provide you with information about our activities and services relevant to your tenure and the area in which you live
- to share details about the rent you pay with Experian Rental Exchange and strengthen your credit report.
- You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used. We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information. If this issue is not resolved, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
- You may at any time control access to and use of your personal information by contacting the Controller DPO. Such control will include the ability to see what information we hold and to opt out of any use of your personal information. You may also prevent disclosure to any third party except as required by law or the order of a court of proper jurisdiction.
- We are required to provide the Government with data for a study called ‘understanding more about what causes homelessness and how well homelessness services meet peoples’ needs’. View the privacy notice for the collection of data for the homelessness reduction programme to see how the data will be used.
- We must provide information on all new tenants or buyers, tenancy or sale and dwelling itself through CORE (COntinuous REcording) submissions. Visit the CORE website and view the CORE privacy notice.
- View the full version of our privacy notice.