Facilities and services include:
- Carnegie library now has a librarian on duty during the extended opening hours
- There are regular activities including a weekly rhyme and story-time session for under-fives, Code Club for 7+ year-olds, an adult reading group and seasonal events throughout the year, including children’s events and activities over the summer holidays.
- Books including spoken word audio and large print books and language courses.
- Library members also have access to a wide range of online materials including E Audio, E Books, magazines and online reference sources for adults and children. Many of these can be accessed from home.
- Wi-Fi - Use your library card to connect to our free unlimited Wi-Fi.
- Computers - free use of adult and children’s computers, with the latest Microsoft Office software.
- Screen magnifier and screen reading software, plus Eye Pal Solo read aloud scanner for low vision and blind users.
- Printing, including Wi-fi printing from your own device.
- Photocopying –affordable black and white and colour photocopying.
- A welcoming space to sit, work, study or read.
- Book-a-Librarian - when you need extra 121 help and support with daily tasks e.g., freedom pass or passport applications, job search etc, we offer one hour 121 appointments with a member of staff to assist you.
- Daily newspapers and periodicals, plus children’s magazines.
- Baby changing facilities
- Book Start packs for gifting.
- Hygiene Bank-we accept donations of new and unused hygiene and personal care products that are redistributed to families and individuals living in hygiene poverty.
Lift access available for public use. There is a hearing assistance system at enquiry desk and staff are trained to use the system.
For full information about access, please go to the AccessAble website.
|Monday||2pm - 7pm|
|Saturday||9am - 1pm
2pm - 5pm
Upcoming events at this venue