What you are responsible for
As a homeowner, you are responsible for maintaining the inside of your flat.
- the floor surfaces, including floorboards
- the ceiling plaster or plasterboard
- the plaster or plasterboard of the walls
- the glass in windows, but not the window frames
- all doors and door frames inside the flat and the front door to it
- pipes, wires and cables that serve your flat only, including any protection surrounding them
- decorations inside your flat
- all fixtures and fittings, including plumbing and sanitary apparatus, such as sinks, baths and toilets
- electrical and gas appliances.
You are also responsible for:
- annual safety checks of gas appliances
- dealing with any instances of asbestos in your home.
You have access to the gas servicing contract we have with our contractors. If you wish to have the gas installation and appliances in your home tested or serviced, you will need to contact the contractor for your area to arrange this and pay them directly for the service.
Find out more
For more information, view our handbook for homeowners.