Universal Credit

Universal Credit replaces six other benefits with a single monthly payment if you’re out of work or on a low income. Most people now need to apply for this instead of Housing Benefit.

Temporary and specified accommodation

If you live in either temporary or specified accommodation that we’ve provided, you need to apply for:

  • Universal Credit for your living costs
  • Housing Benefit for your housing costs.