What is Our Streets?
Our Streets is the latest phase of the Neighbourhood Enhancement Programme, developed to totally change the process of undertaking consultation on street improvements. Rather than producing a scheme and then asking people their opinions, through Our Streets, traffic engineers and consultation officers approach citizens and ask them what they would like to see changed in their area.
Our Streets has been running since 2013 across different wards:
- Phase 1 (from 2013): Oval, Vassal, Coldharbour, Ferndale, Larkhall and Clapham Town.
- Phase 2 (from 2015): St Leonard's, Streatham South, Streatham Wells and Thornton.
- Phase 3 (from 2017): Gipsy Hill, Knight's Hill, Streatham Hill and Thurlow Park.
The main focus of Our Streets is on:
- speed limits and traffic calming
- parking and loading arrangements
- crossing points
- car clubs
- cycling facilities
- public realm improvements
- signage and removal of street clutter.
However, we encourage residents to raise wider concerns.