Where you can’t load and unload
You are not allowed to load or unload in or on:
- yellow lines where loading restrictions are in force (chevrons on the kerbside)
- diplomatic parking bays
- taxi bays
- a solo motorcycle bay
- a suspended parking bay (unless you have requested the suspension and arranged to load and unload here)
- white zig-zags at pedestrian crossings
- restricted areas outside schools at displayed times
- clearways (marked by a red 'X' on a blue background) such as bus stops and taxi ranks.
Red routes are not governed by local authorities. Visit the Transport for London website for information.