In an emergency call the police on 999.
Confidential, non-judgemental and independent support services for those experiencing gender-based violence who live in Lambeth is provided through Refuge's Gaia Centre.
Who can use this service
Our services support:
- women and girls aged 13+ of all sexualities
- men aged 16+ of all sexualities
- young people of all genders 11+ who have witnessed or experienced domestic violence
- transgender clients who identify as male, female, non-binary, as another gender, or who are questioning their gender identity.
Contact the Gaia Centre
- Phone: 020 7733 8724 8.00am-6.00pm. An additional out-of-hours on-call service is also provided through the same contact number.
Our services are available to the above clients and their children. Everyone’s needs are unique, and we will work with you to create a support plan that helps keep you safe.
For example, you may need to:
- talk to someone who understands what you are going through
- receive support with contacting the police
- move away from the area
- access a refuge
- stay at home but want to find out how to keep safe
- receive support if you are considering going to court
- access legal advice
- get help on managing your financial situation
- find out about support networks in your community
- get specialist support for your children.
- One-to-one confidential, non-judgemental, independent support.
- A specialist, independent, gender-based violence advocacy team to support you if you are at risk of serious harm.
- A specialist service for 13-17 year-old girls.
- A sanctuary scheme to help you remain in your home safely.
- Group support.
- A peer support scheme to help break your isolation, help build social networks and support you while you regain control of your life.
- Volunteering opportunities.
The service is free and staffed by female members of staff only. Children are welcome.