This service operates seven days a week, 365 days a year.
A local caretaking service operates Monday-Thursday 8.00am-5.00pm and Friday 8.00am-4.00pm from your housing office.
Please note - the Area Office is closed to the public.
The caretakers' duties
A caretaker's role is to:
- give a good service to our customers
- look after our equipment and buildings through regular inspections and maintenance
- deal with emergencies in the local housing area.
The caretakers and concierges are responsible for:
- checking and replacing light bulbs on public staircases, landings and other public areas
- checking the day-to-day running of estate communal boilers and reporting any faults
- going to emergencies, such as burst pipes and floods, that affect tenants' homes
- dealing with blocked drains, lighting breakdowns and contractors
- releasing people trapped in lifts
- reporting any faults or repairs in public areas that tenants have told them about, or that they have noted on their estate inspection.
They're also responsible for checking equipment and estate facilities including:
- water tanks
- play areas
Contact your local housing caretaker or concierge operator during normal office hours:
- Phone: 020 7926 6000