Stronger relationships and a vibrant community sector, alongside economic growth, will enable communities to thrive. This will also mean investing in preventative approaches in order to respond to challenges early and build resilience. This ambition includes: best start in life, life-long learning and education, serious youth violence, early intervention and resilience, and community assets.
- Early years – ensure children have the support and resources to get the best start in life
- Life-long learning and education – invest in skills, life-long learning and networks for children and adults
- Serious youth violence – work together to improve young people’s opportunities and reduce youth violence
- Early intervention and resilience (or preventing problems from escalating) - supporting people to get help as early as possible and build their resilience
- Community assets – supporting community assets such as libraries that help keep people well
Our other big ambitions for Lambeth:
- Independence: people have support to live as well and independently as they can
- Place: Lambeth is a place people want to live, work and invest
- Sustainable growth: a growing economy that everyone benefits from
Read the full borough plan
For more information, you can view the cabinet report on the borough plan.