Lambeth is developing a Learning Disability Resource Centre at Coburg Crescent in Streatham, which is scheduled to open in 2021 and will provide a range of services for adults with learning disabilities and the local community.
The service will provide a range of support to users, including:
- A new home for Lambeth Walk, Lambeth’s day service for adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) and complex needs
- Supported living flats for 14 adults with a range of learning disability needs
- A respite service for adults with learning disabilities
- A café which will provide employment opportunities to adults with learning disabilities
- A community space for local residents and Lambeth’s learning disability community
- A local shop
The plans for the Resource Centre have been developed over recent years following an extensive engagement process that involved local residents, future service users and the wider Lambeth learning disability community.
Building work will commence in June 2020. During the construction period, Lambeth will be finalising plans for the services that will be based at the centre, and working with future service users to prepare to move in.
Please check this page for updates on both the building work and service development.