There are ‘street champions’ everywhere. They’re often the kind of people who check on elderly neighbours when the weather’s cold, who make a point of saying ‘hello’ when new people move in, and who let the council know if a pothole appears. They care about the street they live on, and the people they share it with.
If you would like to sign up to become a street champion please contact us via the online form below.
Do it online
What you need to know
Lambeth’s Street Champions project is designed to recognise those people who go the extra mile for their street, and offer them support to make even more of a difference. Street Champions are encouraged to work with their neighbours, the council and Veolia to carry out any activities that are focused to improving the environment or bringing their communities closer together. By joining our Street Champions scheme you'll be able to access support for all sorts of activities, from tackling litter and dog fouling, to organising street parties or play street events.
Become a Street Champion and you can receive:
- Advice and guidance on setting up community activities such as street parties and play streets;
- Access to tools and equipment for cleaning and greening your street;
- Opportunities to connect with fellow Street Champions on other streets;
- Access to council knowledge and expertise;
- The chance to increase your knowledge on subjects such as fundraising or horticulture.
- Posters, stickers and letter templates.
if you have any questions about street champions you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7926 3069.