This is a new page – your feedback will help us to improve it.

If you're no longer the only person in your home that is counted as an adult for Council Tax, you need to cancel your Council Tax single person discount.

To cancel a single person discount you must have:

  • a Council Tax account
  • your name on the bill, or have permission from someone named on the bill

If you're not sure whether or not you can still get a discount, check who counts as an adult for Council Tax.

Before you start

You’ll need:

  • your Council Tax account number
  • the date you want to cancel your discount from
  • if someone has moved in, their previous address

Cancel your single person discount

What happens next

We'll send you a new bill which tells you the new amount of Council Tax you have to pay.

Before your new bill arrives, you must keep paying the amount of Council Tax on your current bill.

Find out how to pay Council Tax online.