Managing your money

As your corporate parents, we want you to learn how to manage your money with confidence.

Budgeting can seem annoying, but it's really important to do to ensure you can stay where you live, pay the bills and have money for food, clothes and activities. If you don't, things can become really stressful.

When you turn 18, you no longer receive a weekly care leaving allowance. If you are not working or in higher education or a training programme, you will need to make a claim for benefits for your weekly income and rent. If you do not have British citizenship, you may not be entitled to these benefits.

It's always best to speak to your personal advisor about where you stand, what support you can access and anything you may be struggling with.

Financial offer

See what financial support we can give you depending on what care leavers group you are in.

Budgeting tool

Understand what you're earning and spending, and where you might be able to cut costs.

Credit Union

Get help to open a bank account, even if you have no identity documents.

Universal Credit

If you’re on a low income or unemployed you may be able to claim Universal Credit.


Get financial information and support to help you get back on track.