Going to university

You may be entitled to various grants, loans and benefits if you are studying at university, including a higher education grant of £2000 and rent paid during breaks.

Some universities have their own care leaver leads who can offer advice and preparation for entrance interviews. Contact your chosen university about this. 

KCL help for care leavers

Get an annual grant and specialist advisor support if you choose to study at this top London university.

Unite Foundation Scholarship

Get your rent and bills covered for up to three years so you can focus on your university experience.

Government student loan

Apply for a student loan to pay for tuition fees and help towards your living costs.

University accommodation

Find information on university accommodation via our housing options page.