A summary of upcoming improvements we intend to make in response to community feedback whilst working within the constraints of the ongoing lockdown
- A full review of the LTN exemption policy is currently ongoing.
- We will release a short film explaining the monitoring strategy and next steps with engagement
Behaviour Change programme
- We will enhance our programme of behaviour change activities and arrange targeted Dr Bikes, bike markets, bike training and other initiatives in the LTN
- We will collect additional equalities data to enhance and improve the quality of the data in our Equalities Impact Assessments
- We will run targeted engagement and community street audits aimed at understanding specific barriers for protected groups and at identifying potential improvements to the local streetscape
- We will work specifically with disabled residents and representatives of disability action groups to understand potential improvements we can make.
- We will improve the accessibility and inclusivity of the way information is shared and presented
- We will work with local community organisations to deliver community design programmes that allow local people to redesign existing spaces. Specific focus will be on engaging younger people under 25y/o, people from BAME backgrounds, and older people who are typically under‐ represented in these activities.
- Rattray Rd immediately south of junction with Jelf Road; introduce no entry restriction for southbound traffic as solution to traffic displacement from Railton Rd traffic filters
- Dalberg Rd immediately south of junction with Jelf Road; introduce no entry restriction for southbound traffic as solution to traffic displacement from Railton Rd traffic filters
- Trelawn Road immediately east of junction with Effra Road: Introduce no entry to eliminate traffic rat running from Effra Rd
- Coldharbour Lane/Atlantic Road junction: increase green time for East-West traffic movement to mitigate the impact of traffic increase on boundary road. Introduce yellow box road marking at Atlantic Road junction with Coldharbour Lane and half yellow box road marking at Somerleyton road junction with Coldharbour Lane to improve traffic flows and bus journey times
- Convert Single Yellow Lines to Double Yellow Lines opposite to the Marcus Garvey Way bus stop along Railton Rd to improve bus journey times
- Implement additional road markings and advanced warning signs across the whole Low Traffic Neighbourhood