Lambeth schools' forum

See what the forums do and view the meeting papers.

All local authorities must establish a schools' forum. They are consultative bodies to advise local authorities on matters, prescribed in regulations, relating to the repeating funding arrangements for schools and other non-school-based pupil provision.

Members

A minimum of 80% of the members of a schools' forum must be 'school members' (either head teacher representatives or governors). The remaining 20% of members can be 'non-school members' nominated by a local authority and who have a legitimate interest in local school and other pupil provision funding processes.

What Lambeth schools' forum does

Lambeth Schools' Forum helps maintain, develop and review Lambeth's Scheme of Devolved Funding, as well as the Lambeth Schools' Funding Formula.

The Lambeth Schools' Forum is a statutory body that advises the council on issues related to schools budgets, such as formula funding, contracts and provision for the education of pupils with special educational needs.

It meets about four times a year, giving time for its views to be taken into account in deciding how the schools' budget for the following financial year should be used.

Dates for the 2020-21 financial year

  • Tuesday 23 June 2020 - 4.00pm-6.00pm
  • Tuesday 6th October 2020 - 4.00pm-6.00pm
  • Tuesday 8 December 2020 - 4.00pm-6.00pm
  • Thursday 14 January 2021 - 4.00pm-6.00pm
  • Thursday 18 March 2021 - 4.00pm-6.00pm

All meetings are held at Hitherfield Primary School (currently via MS Teams due to COVID-19).

Find out more about schools forums on the Department for Education website.

Documents

The most recent versions of Lambeth Schools' Forum documents:

Meeting papers

Schools' forum meetings are open to members of the public who can observe. Meetings are held at nominated schools. For information regarding the meeting venue contact schfinance@lambeth.gov.uk.

If you have any specific needs to help you attend, contact Lambeth Schools' Finance at schfinance@lambeth.gov.uk at least 24 hours before the meeting.

For older meeting minutes and papers, contact schfinance@lambeth.gov.uk.