We collect food waste from properties that have a wheelie bin. You should have a small kitchen food waste bin and a larger outside food waste bin. If you do not, you can get a new bin.
We currently collect food waste from a small number of estates but we will be expanding the scheme to all estates in the next few years. We do not collect food waste from flats above shops.
What goes in your food waste bin
You can put most raw and cooked food in your bin, including:
- meat and fish, including bones
- fruit and vegetables
- dairy products, including cheese, eggs and egg shells
- bread, cakes and pastries
- rice and pasta
- tea bags, tea leaves and coffee grounds
- used kitchen paper towels
What does not go in your food waste bin
- plastic bags
- oil or liquid
- garden waste
- anything that should be in your recycling bin
- any other rubbish
See our A-Z of what to do with your waste.