We collect food waste from properties that have a wheelie bin. You should have a small kitchen food waste bin and a larger outside food waste bin. If you do not, you can get a new bin.
We do not collect food waste from estates or flats, unless you are involved in the current food waste in flats trial. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report any issues or queries about this trial.
What goes in your food waste bin
You can put most raw and cooked food in your bin, including:
- meat and fish, including bones
- fruit and vegetables
- dairy products, including cheese, eggs and egg shells
- bread, cakes and pastries
- rice and pasta
- tea bags, tea leaves and coffee grounds
- used kitchen paper towels
What does not go in your food waste bin
- plastic bags
- oil or liquid
- garden waste
- anything that should be in your recycling bin
- any other rubbish
See our A-Z of what to do with your waste.