How buildings are listed
Anyone can ask for an asset to be considered for local listing. Local listing is undertaken by the Divisional Director of Planning (in liaison with the lead member for Planning) on the advice of the Conservation and Urban Design Team. Local listing requests should be sent to the Conservation and Urban Design team and should include:
- full address or a location map
- clear, up-to-date photographs of the main elevations of the building
- any information about the building, such as the date it was built
- details of any specialised function (such as industrial use) or historical associations
- the name of the architect if known
- how the building fits in with and enhances its location.