What we will provide
We are happy to talk to you - our advice is both comprehensive and impartial. We can help you with:
- whether you need to submit an application
- the type of application you should make and completing the application form
- the regulations that are applicable to your scheme
- the time scales for the application process
- the people that you will work with.
We are also happy to engage with you in the early stages of the development of your scheme through our pre-application advice service. We can work with your design team either through attendance at design meetings or by providing advice via email. Our early engagement, whilst elements are being worked upon by your professional team, provides the best opportunity to resolve design challenges and offer options and solutions to problems in a cost-effective way. This advice can cover all elements such as structural engineering, fire engineering and discussion with the Fire Brigade, and building regulation advice.
Your application will be dealt with by our dedicated team and we will:
- book in your application quickly
- provide a dedicated building control surveyor for the application checking and scheme when on site
- provide the appropriate professionals to deal with the works on larger projects, with a dedicated principal surveyor to oversee the whole of the works
- offer all schemes a next day site inspection to ensure no delays.
We have strong ties with other departments within the council, as well as with the Fire Brigade, to assist during the initial submission of an application and during the works as well.
If you wish to become a partner with the council, we have the ability to deal with plan examination anywhere in England and this will be in agreement with the authority in whose area the works are sited.