A medium-sized park with entrances from Moorland Road and Loughborough Park.
Loughborough Park was created on land formerly used as allotments. The name ‘Loughborough Park’ comes from a large house, once occupied in the 17th Century by Henry Hastings, Baron Loughborough, who fought for the Royalists during the English Civil War (1642-1648). Although the house is long gone, its name lives on locally, including in the nearby Loughborough Park Estate.
The park contains winding paths that link together a children’s playground, a multiuse games pitch, a community garden, wildlife areas, trees and a central community hub building.
Loughborough Park is also a Local "Site of Importance for Nature Conservation" (or SINC) for the London Borough of Lambeth, in recognition of its importance not just for wildlife, but also for people living in both Lambeth and London to enjoy access to nature.
Loughborough Park provides people with somewhere to play, exercise and relax. Local residents and communities are now working to deliver a programme of improvements which will secure the park's future for all ages, interests and abilities to enjoy.