Biodiversity and climate changes are becoming increasingly important in our lives.
Lambeth is rich in diverse wildlife and habitats, and we're committed to protecting and maintaining the natural environment on our doorstep for generations to come.
Lambeth Biodiversity Action Plan (Lambeth BAP)
The Lambeth Biodiversity Action Plan (Lambeth BAP) is a key policy document outlining our vision for biodiversity in the region.
The document provides an in-depth analysis on biodiversity within Lambeth and looks at:
- the benefits of biodiversity to our economy, culture and personal well-being
- our plans for the future
- local habitats and areas of interest
- conservation areas
- tree preservation orders.
It also includes resources, policy guidance and the various ways we can all encourage biodiversity.
Organisations we work with
- Greenspace Information for Greater London (GIGL) is London's environmental records centre, who mobilise, curate and share data on the capital’s natural environment. You can submit sightings of important wildlife species in the borough and obtain free quality information on Lambeth's wildlife.
- London Wildlife Trust (LWT) is London's leading nature conservation agency, with dedicated supporters and volunteers working tirelessly to protect wildlife in Lambeth.
For more information on the Lambeth BAP, Lambeth’s amazing wildlife and how you can help protect and improve our borough’s biodiversity, contact Lambeth Landscapes.