All visitor vouchers are now virtual, unless there’s a specific need for a paper voucher. You need an online account to buy and use virtual visitor vouchers. You will not be sent anything in the post and visitors do not need to show anything in their vehicle. When you apply for visitor vouchers, your address will need to be validated and any requested evidence approved before you are able to activate and use any vouchers.
Visitor vouchers can only be used in residents and shared use bays.
You must live in Lambeth and be in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) to buy daily visitor vouchers.
Vouchers are only valid if they’re used by the visitors of Lambeth residents for domestic purposes. They can only be used within the zone you live in and that is linked to your online account.
For your address to qualify as your residence, you would normally spend approximately 4 nights a week there and pay the relevant Council Tax.
You’ll need 2 of the following documents as evidence of your address:
- Driving licence (current address)
- Bank or credit card statement - dated within the last 3 months
- Utility bill - dated within the last 3 months (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)
- Solicitor's completion letter - dated within the last 3 months
- Current year Lambeth Council Tax document
- Home contents insurance policy
- Signed current formal tenancy agreement
- An electoral canvas form or polling card - dated in the last year
Once you have uploaded your evidence, this will need to be approved by our back office. Please allow up to 10 working days for evidence to be validated. Once approved you can then activate your vouchers for use.
Each household can have a maximum of 50 vouchers within a 12-month period, although extra vouchers may be issued in exceptional circumstances.
You’ll get a confirmation email when you buy a voucher. You do not need to print this email.
Vouchers do not expire. However, they’re no longer valid if you move away from Lambeth.
Visitor parking vouchers cannot be used for:
- parking on a council estate - you need to apply separately for a visitor estate parking permit
- a trade person to park near your property - you need to buy a trader parking e-permit
Activating a voucher
It’s the responsibility of the resident and visitor to activate vouchers for the days the vehicle is being parked.
Once your evidence has been approved, you can activate vouchers straight away or for any time in the future. You can either activate a voucher yourself, or your visitor can do it. You may have to provide evidence before your vouchers can be activated.
If you choose today’s date, the voucher will activate instantly.
If you choose a date in the future, you can cancel that booking up until that date. If you cancel a booking, the voucher will be returned to your account for future use.
You can see that a voucher is active by logging into your account and looking under current voucher sessions.
An officer will input the vehicle registration into their handheld device and will be able to see that a visitor voucher is active and will not issue any penalty. Nothing needs to be displayed in the vehicle.
Old-style paper visitor parking vouchers
You can still use old-style visitor parking vouchers that were issued from 2014 to 2018, often called scratch cards, but do not scratch the year out.
Please continue to scratch out the day, month and date and add the vehicle registration number.
Paper visitor vouchers are invalid if more than one day/month/date panel is scratched off.
The vehicle registration number must be written clearly in the space provided on the front of the voucher.
Paper vouchers will have the Controlled Parking Zone they can be used for shown on the front of the voucher.
The vouchers should be displayed clearly so that it can be seen by enforcement officers. If it is not clearly shown, this may result in a penalty charge notice being issued.
The vehicle can be either a:
- passenger vehicle
- light goods vehicle with no more than 8 seats
The overall height of the vehicle should not exceed 2.3 metres and the length should not exceed 5.5 metres.
Please note: from 01 April 2022 our charges will be going up by inflation (5%).
- 5 visitor vouchers - £26.25
You can buy up to 50 visitor vouchers in any 12-month period.
Exchanges and refunds
One day visitor parking vouchers cannot be exchanged, refunded or transferred, nor are they for resale.
Rules of use
Visitor parking vouchers allow parking in resident bays and resident shared-use bays in the CPZ you live in. They have the following rules and guidance:
- Each permit is vehicle specific and cannot be used on any other vehicle.
- Permits are restricted to one permit per vehicle.
If you experience any difficulties applying for a parking permit please contact us.
If you require a reasonable adjustment as per the Equalities Act 2010 please contact us.
Why vouchers are virtual
Virtual vouchers means:
- you do not need to print, send and display any physical document
- you can access vouchers at short notice and can’t lose them as they are stored electronically
- the carbon footprint of parking vouchers is smaller
- the opportunity for misuse of the system is removed