You must be a resident in Lambeth and live in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) to buy daily visitor parking permits. For your address to qualify as your residence, you would normally spend approximately four nights a week there and pay the relevant Council Tax.
You will need two of the following documents:
- Driving licence (current address).
- Bank or credit card statement - dated within the last three months.
- Utility bill - dated within the last three months (mobile phone bills will not be accepted).
- Solicitor's completion letter - dated within the last three months.
- Current year Lambeth Council Tax document.
- Home contents insurance policy.
- Signed current formal tenancy agreement.
- An electoral canvas form or polling card - dated in the last year.
These permits are not valid for parking on a council estate. You'll need to apply separately for visitor estate parking virtual permit.
Old-style visitor parking vouchers
If you are in possession of the old-style visitor parking vouchers, from 2014 to 2018, you can still use these vouchers, providing you do not scratch the year out.
Please continue to scratch out the day, month and date and add the vehicle registration number.
Exchanges and refunds
One day visitor parking permits can't be exchanged, refunded or transferred, nor are they for resale.
The vehicle can be either a:
- passenger vehicle
- light goods vehicle with no more than eight seats.
The overall height of the vehicle should not exceed 2.3 metres and the length should not exceed 5.5 metres.
Costs for this service
- Book of five tickets - £24.50
You can buy up to 50 visitor permits in any 12-month period.
What you need to know
Our visitor permits allow parking in resident bays and resident shared-use bays in the CPZ in which you live, and have the following rules and guidance:
- Each permit is vehicle specific and cannot be used on any other vehicle.
- Permits are restricted to one permit per vehicle.
- Visitor permit holders may park free of charge for the first and last hour of the controlled hours in a pay and display bay. This offer only extends to 'Pay for Parking' bays within the CPZ for which a permit is held.
If you experience any difficulties applying for a parking permit please contact us.
If your require a permit for a trade person to park near your property you'll need to purchase a trader e-permit.