Requirements for a business parking permit
A business parking permit allows a vehicle to park in business bays, or any shared-use bays that specify use by business permit holders and generic permit holders.
There are two options for the type of permit:
- A single, specified Controlled Parking Zone permit.
- An 'all zones' permit.
To apply for a business parking permit:
- you must have a business in the area that the permit is valid
- your vehicle must be used and insured for business purposes.
All applications must include a:
- current copy of your National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR) (business rates)
- valid certificate of insurance.
Business permits are now e-permits, this means you will no longer receive a physical permit by post. Your permit will be displayed as part of your online account and you will receive a confirmation email after your application has been approved. You can apply for and renew these permits online. You can apply to renew your existing permit from 30 days before your current permit expires. You are now also able to request a change of vehicle through your online account.