Appeal a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) or the removal of your vehicle

If you receive a parking Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) that you feel is unfair, you can challenge it.

Make a formal appeal (representation)

If you do not pay or challenge your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) within the first 28 days after it is issued, we will send a written reminder called a Notice to Owner or an Enforcement Notice. This will give you an option to either pay the PCN or make a formal appeal (representation).

You can only make a formal appeal (representation) to us after receiving one of these written reminders. They will explain how to make a formal appeal. 

We will investigate the points raised in your appeal and will make a decision as to whether or not grounds have been met. If they have, you will receive a Notice of Acceptance and the PCN will be cancelled.

Complete the PCN formal challenge form

If the PCN is not cancelled you will be told the reasons why. If you disagree with our decision you can complete the form we will have sent you. This form will allow you to appeal to the Environment Tribunal Adjudicators.

We are required to respond to your representation within 56 days of receipt.