Apply for, or renew, a White Badge
The White Badge scheme was introduced in Lambeth to allow disabled permit holders to park closer to their destination. The scheme intends to reduce the risk of Blue Badge theft.
White Badge holders can only use this permit to park in Lambeth. To apply you must be resident in Lambeth and already have a Blue Badge registered to your Lambeth address.
Who can use this service?
- You must hold a Lambeth-issued Blue Badge.
- The person with the disability must be the registered keeper of the vehicle, except in circumstances where the individual with a disability is a minor.
- The person with the disability must be a Lambeth Resident.
- The vehicle must be registered to a Lambeth address.
- Your vehicle cannot exceed 2.3 metres in height or 5.5 metres in length.
You are only entitled to one White Badge, even if you have more than one vehicle.
Where you can park
- The permit is valid for parking in disabled bays within Lambeth, without the need to use a Blue Badge.
- The permit does not entitle the user to park in resident, business, Pay and Display bays or on yellow lines during the controlled hours.
- Vehicles must be parked within the markings of the bay or space.
- The permit is only valid for the vehicle stated on the application.
The White Badge is issued to a specific vehicle and, unlike the Blue Badge, cannot be swapped between different vehicles.
There is a £2 administration fee for processing this permit, which is non-refundable.
If making a postal application, include a cheque payment for £2 with your application and send to:
PO BOX 734
Write your name and vehicle registration number on the back of the cheque. Failure to do so will result in your application being delayed.
What you need to know
You will be required, as part of your application, to provide a:
- copy or photograph of the front and back of your Blue Badge
- vehicle registration document or valid insurance schedule, or a motability lease agreement (the disabled driver must be named).
One proof of address from the following list is also required:
- Driving licence.
- Current Council Tax statement.
- Utility document dated in the last three months.
- Bank statement dated in the last three months.
- Signed current formal tenancy agreement.
- Valid home contents insurance policy.
- Electoral canvas form or polling card - dated in the last year.
- Solicitor's completion letter - dated in the last three months (new residents only).
If you are applying on behalf of a minor you will need to provide one proof of residence from the list below:
- Child Benefit letter (current financial year).
- Child Tax Credit letter (current financial year).
- NHS medical card.
Change of vehicle
If you change your vehicle you must apply for a change of permit immediately. You cannot use your existing permit for a different vehicle as the registration number on the vehicle will not match the permit and a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) could be issued to the vehicle.
Expiry of permit
We will issue a White Badge for a maximum of 12 months. If your Blue Badge is valid for less than 12 months your permit will expire one month after the expiry of your Blue Badge. This provides you with time to re-apply for both a Blue and White Badge.
Find out more about Blue Badge parking permits.
Your White Badge application could be refused if:
- the vehicle is not registered with the DVLA at the address stated in the application
- the Blue Badge has expired
- you already have a White Badge
- you are not able to provide the required documents with your application, or you submit fraudulent documents.
If you have any questions about the White Badge scheme, contact the Parking Team.