What is an abandoned vehicle?
We will decide if a vehicle is abandoned or not. An abandoned vehicle would fit one or more of the following criteria:
- The vehicle hasn't moved within the last month.
- The windows are broken.
- The vehicle is damaged and clearly not being used. It is unroadworthy or has dirty windows or rubbish inside. There is a build-up of rubbish around the wheels, has a flat tyre(s) or has missing wheels.
- The vehicle is a danger to the public.
- It is burnt out.
- The vehicle is in a condition that can lead to anti-social behaviour.
- The vehicle has no number plates.
Even if a vehicle is owned by someone, it can still be classified as an abandoned or nuisance vehicle if it meets one or more of the above criterion.