Facilities and services include:
- books including spoken word audio and large print books, language courses, and books in community languages.
- library members also have access to a wide range of online materials including E Audio, E Books, magazines and online reference sources for adults and children. Many of these can be accessed from home.
- Wi-Fi - Use your library card to connect to our free unlimited Wi-Fi
- Computers - free use of adult and children’s computers, with the latest Microsoft Office software
- screen magnifier and screen reading software, large print keyboard, plus Eye Pal Solo read aloud scanner for low vision and blind users.
- printing, including Wi-fi printing from your own device.
- photocopying –affordable black and white and colour photocopying.
- Study Space
- Book-a-Librarian - when you need extra 121 help and support with daily tasks e.g., freedom pass or passport applications, job search etc, we offer one hour 121 appointments with a member of staff to assist you.
- Room Hire – whether you want to hold a meeting for two or a special family birthday or other special occasion, we have just the space for you at competitive rates.
- Adult Reading Group – our friendly and sociable group meets once a month to discuss the latest hot fiction titles. New members are always welcome to join. We supply the books.
- baby rhyme-time and under-fives storytelling sessions.
- weekly mixed ability chess club, for adults and children, including tournaments and fast play sessions.
- daily newspapers and periodicals, plus children’s magazines.
- baby changing facilities
- Book Start packs for gifting.
- hygiene Bank-we accept donations of new and unused hygiene and personal care products that are redistributed to families and individuals living in hygiene poverty.
- Flat Level access to the library from the right-hand side of the building via intercom.
- Front doors using wheelchair lift to get access to the library. Main doors are power-assisted opening.
- Three spaces; disabled parking access which is located to the right of the building.
For full access information, please go to the AccessAble website.
West Norwood Community Room for hire
The Community Room is a light and airy space that is ideal for events and receptions. In the past, we have hosted a variety of public events, classes, and workshops.
Additionally to our workshop programme, we host private events such as children's birthday parties and funeral wakes. As well as formal meetings, we have held informal workshops. The rental includes adaptable furniture, the rear courtyard garden, a large presentation screen, a small kitchenette, TV with HDMI cable for laptop, 10 tables (each 180x70cm) and chairs.
Pricing (per hour)
|9am - 1pm (£25/hr)||1pm - 6pm (£30/hr)||6pm - 10pm (£35/hr)|
1pm - 8pm
|Tuesday||10am - 8pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 6pm|
|Thursday||10am - 8pm|
|Friday||10am - 6pm|
|Saturday||10am - 6pm|
|Sundays||1pm - 5pm|