The rate of infection in Lambeth remains high so from 19 July we are keeping certain precautions in place to keep you, other library users and staff safe.
When using our services, please follow our Covid-19 guidance for visitors to council buildings, continue to wear a face mask and make an appointment.
This will help in keeping our community safe.
- Entrance via Pinfold Road, which provides full accessibility to all areas.
- Facilities include books, computers self-service machines and 3D Printer.
- A welcoming space to sit, work or read in an attractive reading room with original features, plus a library garden to the rear.
- Read-aloud and magnification technology to help people who are blind, dyslexic or visually impaired to have better access to the resources on offer.
- Community meeting rooms and hot desk space for local business people.
- We offer books, DVDs, Spoken Word CD’s, Language Courses and books in other languages. Library members also have access to a wide range of online resources including E Audio, E Books, magazines and online reference materials for adults and children. Many of these can be accessed from home.
- Other services include free Wi-Fi and internet access, word processing, printing, photocopying and scanning.
- Regular library activities include weekly rhyme and story-time sessions for under-fives, adult reading groups, an older person’s group, plus seasonal events throughout the year including children’s events and activities over the summer holidays.
The Mark Bennett Streatham Centre
The Mark Bennett Centre is a cultural and community centre located to the rear of the library. The hall has a 100+ seat capacity plus kitchen facility and is available for hire at very competitive rates. It is perfect for and regularly hosts a range of community activities including classes, church services, clubs, exhibitions, meetings, music events, children’s parties and plays.
Room hire charges
|Room||Community use during opening hours||Community use out of opening hours||Non-Community use during opening hours||Non-Community use out of opening hours|
|Hall||£30 per hour £160 day||£40 per hour||£50 per hour £350 per day||£60 per hour|
|Meeting room 1 (10 to 12 people)||£15 per hour £80 day||£20 per hour||£30 per hour £200 per day||£40 per hour|
|Meeting room 2 (10 to 12 people)||£15 per hour £80 day||£20 per hour||£30 per hour £200 per day||£40 per hour|
|Meeting room 3/business suite hot desk||£15 per hour £80 day||£20 per hour||£30 per hour||£200 day | £40 per hour|
Large print keyboard
Screen magnifier and screen reader
Large print, spoken word books, books on prescription
The side entrance in Pinfold Road has an automatic door and ramp for wheelchair access
For full access information, please go to the AccessAble website.
|Monday||11am - 8pm|
|Tuesday||11am - 8pm|
|Wednesday||11am - 8pm|
|Thursday||11am - 6pm|
|Friday||11am - 6pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm|