Facilities and services include:
- Books including spoken word audio and large print books, language courses, and books in community languages.
- Library members also have access to a wide range of online materials including E Audio, E Books, magazines and online reference sources for adults and children. Many of these can be accessed from home.
- Wi-Fi - Use your library card to connect to our free unlimited Wi-Fi
- Computers - free use of adult and children’s computers, with the latest Microsoft Office software
- Screen magnifier and screen reading software, plus Eye Pal Solo read aloud scanner for low vision and blind users.
- Printing, including Wi-fi printing from your own device.
- Photocopying –affordable black and white and colour photocopying.
- Study Space available.
- Book-a-Librarian - when you need extra 121 help and support with daily tasks e.g., freedom pass or passport applications, job search etc, we offer one hour 121 appointments with a member of staff to assist you.
- Room Hire – whether you want to hold a meeting for two or a special family birthday or other special occasion, we have just the space for you at competitive rates.
- Adult Reading Group – our friendly and sociable group meets once a month to discuss the latest hot fiction titles. New members are always welcome to join. We supply the books.
- Baby rhyme-time and under-fives storytelling sessions.
- Daily newspapers and periodicals, plus children’s magazines.
- Baby changing facilities
- Book Start packs for gifting.
- Hygiene Bank-we accept donations of new and unused hygiene and personal care products that are redistributed to families and individuals living in hygiene poverty.
- We recycle and re-use batteries
Room hire charges per hour
|Hire of library space per hour (* community rate per hour)||Rate during library opening hours||Rate outside of library opening hours|
Durning Library : Phone 0207 926 8682
|Durning Library small meeting room||£20 (*£10)||N/A|
|Durning Adult Library – weekdays||N/A||£50 (*£40)|
|Durning Adult Library – weekend||N/A||£60 (*£50)|
|Durning Children's Library weekdays||N/A||£40 (*£30)|
|Durning Children's Library weekend||N/A||£50 (*£40)|
|Durning Adult and Children's Library||N/A||£70 (*£60)|
|Equipment hire charges for on-site room bookings||Per hire|
|Glasses||25p per glass|
|Tea / coffee||£3 per person|
Ramp at the rear of the library via Fowly House, White Hart Street.
There is a hearing assistance system at the enquiry desk and staff are trained to use the system.
For full access information, please go to the AccessAble website.
|Monday||1pm - 6pm|
|Tuesday||10am - 6pm|
10am - 8pm
|Friday||10am - 6pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm|