Facilities and services includes:
- We have regular events and activities including story times for under 5’s, a monthly adult reading group and evening author events.
- Books including spoken word audio and large print books, language courses, and books in community languages.
- Library members also have access to a wide range of online materials including E Audio, E Books, magazines and online reference sources for adults and children. Many of these can be accessed from home.
- We also have a Changing Places wet room which is equipped with a powered ceiling hoist, Changing Places bench, Peninsula toilet and adjustable hand basin.
- Wi-Fi - Use your library card to connect to our free unlimited Wi-Fi.
- Computers - free use of adult and children’s computers, with the latest Microsoft Office software.
- Screen magnifier and screen reading software, plus Eye Pal Solo read aloud scanner for low vision and blind users.
- Printing, including Wi-fi printing from your own device.
- Photocopying –affordable black and white and colour photocopying.
- Study Space.
- Book-a-Librarian - when you need extra 121 help and support with daily tasks e.g., freedom pass or passport applications, job search etc, we offer one hour 121 appointments with a member of staff to assist you.
- Daily newspapers and periodicals, plus children’s magazines.
- Baby changing facilities
- Book Start packs for gifting.
- Hygiene Bank-we accept donations of new and unused hygiene and personal care products that are redistributed to families and individuals living in hygiene poverty.
Room hire charges per hour
|Hire of library space per hour (*community rate per hour)||Rate during opening hours||Rate outside of library opening hours|
Clapham Library: Phone 020 7926 0717
|Clapham whole library||N/A||£270|
|Clapham performance space||N/A||£180|
|Clapaham meeting room 1, 2 or 4||£35||£50|
|Clapham meeting room 1 & 2 combined||£60||£80|
|Clapham meeting room 3 or 5||£12||N/A|
|Equipments hire charges for on-site room bookings||Per hire|
|Glasses||25p per glass|
|Tea / coffee||£3 per person|
91 Clapham High Street
Lift access for the public use. There is a hearing assistance system at the enquiry desk and staff are trained to use the system.
For full access information, please go to the AccessAble website.
|Monday||1pm - 8pm|
|Tuesday||10am - 6pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 8pm|
|Thursday||10am - 8pm|
|Friday||10am - 6pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm|
|Sundays||1pm - 5pm|
Upcoming events at this venue