Children or young people with SEND may be entitled to help travelling between home and school or college.
Travel assistance can include:
- independent travel training scheme where young people learn to travel safely on their own
- help paying for an oyster card or travel card
- a bus pass for a parent, carer or responsible adult to go with the child between home and school
- help with petrol costs for parents or carers who can transport a child to school
- help paying for transport, for parents or carers who can arrange transport themselves
- help using an existing school bus route
- pick up and drop-off in a car or minibus, wheelchair-accessible if needed
- a licensed taxi with an assistant if needed, in exceptional circumstances.
Who can use this service?
This service is for children and young people with an education, health and care plan. To find out if a child or young person is eligible for help read our travel support policies.
If you have any questions about home-to-school travel:
Telephone: 020 7926 6839