Several contracts which provide housing services to the London Borough of Lambeth’s tenants and homeowners are soon to expire. As several contracts are expiring at the same time, we have used the opportunity to review how we deliver the services by looking at and considering all delivery options.
The review led to a decision to seek to procure eight new contracts:
- Contract 1: Responsive repairs and maintenance
- Contract 2: Lift repairs and maintenance
- Contract 3: Capital works and planned maintenance
- Contract 4: Block cleaning and concierge
- Contract 5: External cleansing
- Framework 1: Bespoke Capital works (building/estate structure)
- Framework 2: Bespoke Capital works (mechanical and electrical services)
- Framework 3: Multi-disciplinary consultancy services.
This will result in a service redesign with a radically different structure that has an ethos focused on strong contract management and governance. It includes establishing a dedicated contract scrutiny and cost management team.