Council leaseholder's insurance

Use this guide to get information on council leaseholder’s insurance.

Subletting your property

You must always notify the council and complete an intention to sublet form.

Do it online

Complete the sublet a council property form online

If you sublet your property, you are responsible for ensuring that the let conforms to the Lambeth Council lease agreement. Failure to notify of a sublet property could invalidate the building insurance policy of that property.

The property should be let for no less than six months.

A formal tenancy agreement shall exist between the owner and the tenant and you should obtain references of your future tenants.