Council leaseholder's insurance

Use this guide to get information on council leaseholder’s insurance.

Complaints about council leaseholder insurance enquiries

If you are not satisfied with the way your enquiry was dealt with, then, quoting the policy number, please write to:

The Chief Executive, NIG
Churchill Court
Westmoreland Road
Bromley BR1 1DP.

If you are dissatisfied with their response, you may write to the Risk and Insurance section.

Where a leak has occurred from a leasehold flat causing structural damage to the property below, the proprietors of the damaged property should contact NIG on the claims helpline phone number:

For general advice you may wish to contact Risk and Insurance on 020 7926 9330.

As a leaseholder, you are covered for damage to your window or door glass. It is Lambeth Council’s responsibility, as the freeholder, to maintain the window frames and the roof.