Preparing for your appointment and COVID-19
Once you have a date and time for your repair, you should make the area ready for the contractor. This may involve moving furniture, lifting your floor coverings and clearing possessions away from the area. For example, please clear out items stored under the sink if it is leaking.
Contractors will not be able to clear an area or room before fixing the repair. We will not be responsible for any damage caused to items that have not been moved away from the area. The same applies to pre-repair inspections, particularly when we are trying to detect leaks.
Staying Safe and COVID-19
We are continuing to follow strict safety measures when undertaking repairs. Repairs operatives will wear suitable PPE, clean any surfaces touched, and will remove any waste and belongings from the work area at the end of each day.
We are also asking for you to take some precautions before and during a repairs visit.
- Please contact us if you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you’ve been asked to self-isolate, and your appointment can be rearranged.
- Where appropriate, please wipe down the area with a household disinfectant beforehand and keep windows open to allow ventilation.
- Always allow at least a two-metre distance between yourself and the repair operative, and remain in a separate room while the repair takes place.
- Leave doors open to allow access to the area where work is taking place.
- Please provide access to hand-washing facilities.
- Keep pets away from the repair operative.
- Do not offer any food or drink.