Our repair responsibility
We are responsible for maintaining the structure of your home.
- roof drains, gutters and pipes outside your home
- foundations, outside walls and doors
- window sills, catches, cords and frames
- walls, skirting boards and door frames
- the ceiling inside your home
- garages and sheds that we own
- chimneys and chimney stacks
- pathways, steps and other ways of getting to your home which we have installed.
If you, your family or visitors cause damage to your home, we will charge you to make the repair.
For a full list of our repair responsibilities, see the repairs manual on the previous page.
Repairs to installations
We will repair and keep permanent installations (for supplying water, gas, electricity, toilet facilities or heating - except fittings that are your responsibility), in good working order.
We look after:
- water tanks and fixed pipes, but not flexible pipes which serve your appliances
- gas pipes and electrical wiring
- sockets and light fittings
- permanently installed water heaters, boilers, fireplaces and fires (where this is the only form of heating), heaters and radiators
- basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes.
If we cannot repair an installation, or want to upgrade it, we may replace the installation.
If we have installed a gas appliance in your home to provide space or water heating, our Gas Safe registered contractor will service it every year.