Homes for Ukraine scheme

Information for sponsors and guests staying in Lambeth as part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Information for guests from Ukraine

If you have been sponsored by someone from Lambeth, we will be here to support you and your host as you get settled in the UK.

Lambeth is a diverse borough that people from around the world call home and you are very welcome here. 

We will be updating these pages with more information soon.

Get in contact 

If you need to contact the council for support during your stay you can contact us by email or phone.

Get support during your stay in the UK

Support is available to help you settle in the UK, from the council, health services, charities and other organisations that help people with common issues like getting a job, accessing healthcare, education and training.

We have summarised some of the support on offer below. If you have any questions about the support available or have an issue which is not covered here, please email or call 0207 926 2111.


Lambeth Council’s education team will be able to place your children in local schools. There will be other Ukrainian children in the school to ensure there are others that speak the same language. For more information, you can contact the team by emailing or call 0207 926 2111.

Employment support

  • The council’s Opportunity Lambeth service offers information, advice and guidance to get into work, including job listings, skills and training opportunities.

    Visit Opportunity Lambeth for more information about the support on offer.
  • Lambeth Made Supports young people to reach their full potential through developing their skills, increasing their confidence, and connecting them to inspiring opportunities.

    Visit the Lambeth Made website for more information.
  • Renaisi Transitions Programme supports London-resident refugee professionals who already have industry-standard qualifications and full permission to work in the UK to showcase their talent, get paid work placements and permanent employment in the UK.

    Contact Faisal Ahmed on: 020 3146 3030 or email
  • Groundwork Together South works to support refugees and non-EU migrants in South London. They provide English language lessons, employment advice and community activities. All activities are free of charge.

    Contact Joshua Schneider via or call 07912 274 858


The main way to get the healthcare you need is through a General Practitioner (GP). Guests will need to register with a GP surgery. Anyone in England can do this. It's free and you do not need proof of address, immigration status, ID or an NHS number.


The best way to protect yourself from Covid is to have a vaccine. There are lots of places to get a covid vaccination including ‘walk-ins’, where you do not need an appointment.

More information can be found about Covid vaccinations in the UK government welcome pack for Ukrainians.

Adults, children aged over 5 can receive Covid vaccines. Please get in touch with us on if you would like to receive some information about the Covid vaccination in Ukrainian or Russian.

Adult Social Care

Adult social care is a broad term that refers to support provided by a wide range of agencies and individuals to help those in need including carers to maintain their independence and well-being.  This support includes both formal and informal support with personal care, daily living, social activities. If you feel you may need social care support due to various reasons including mental health problems, learning or physical disabilities, help is available.

Find out more about our adult social care service


Lambeth Council offers housing advice and support for residents who are homeless or are threatened with homelessness. If you're homeless or at risk of homelessness and need help, please contact us.

Debt and welfare advice 

Free, independent advice to help you to get the benefits you are entitled to is available from the agencies listed below:  

  • Brixton Advice Centre, 165-167 Railton Rd, London SE24 0LU

    Telephone advice 0207 733 7554 between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Thursday

    Face to face / drop-in  (10am – 12pm, Monday to Thursday)
  • Centre 70, 46 Knights Hill, West Norwood, SE27 0JD, 020 8670 0070

    Centre 70 supports adults who are facing social, mental, financial, or other personal difficulties with free and affordable services including: advice, counselling and wellbeing, training and advocacy. 

    Walk-in appointments available Tuesday mornings from 10am-1pm
    Benefits, debt advice and form filling help availble on Thursdays 11am-2pm
  • Citizen’s Advice Merton & Lambeth, visit the website or call 0800 254 0298 for advice on a range of issues.

Welcome guide

The welcome guide includes information on what Ukrainians need to know in the first few days, getting used to life in the UK including how to find a home, access essential public services, healthcare, find work and childcare and education services. It also includes specific information for those arriving on the Homes for Ukraine scheme.