Contact Lambeth Housing

Use this guide to find contact details for the various Lambeth Housing teams.

Housing management complaints

If you're a Lambeth Housing tenant or homeowner, you can tell us when you're not happy with something we've done.

1. Early resolution

We can usually put things right quickly if you contact the service you’re not happy with directly. We will contact you within two working days and agree actions and timescales to resolve the issues. At this stage you will not receive a formal response.

You can contact the housing contact centre on 020 7926 6000, choose the service area you wish to complain about and inform the officer you wish to make a complaint.

2. Local resolution

If the matter has not been resolved, you can ask that your complaint is escalated from early resolution to local resolution.

The service area will acknowledge this within two working days and will respond to you within 20 working days.


Hopefully this will resolve the matter. If you are still unhappy you can contact us again for your complaint to be escalated for a review.

3. The review

Requests for a review should be made after receiving a local resolution outcome.

The request should set out in what way the local resolution was inadequate and what you would like to happen, or what action you would like us to take to resolve the complaint. The review will not address new issues that were not previously raised at the local resolution stage.

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days. We will then review the handling of your complaint and reply within 25 working days. If we need longer, we will contact you.

The outcome of the review will represent our final response on the matter and we will not enter into any further correspondence or discussion on the complaint.

If you are dissatisfied, you may be entitled to refer the matter to the Housing Ombudsman Service either directly, after eight weeks of completing the complaint process, or earlier where supported by a ‘designated person’. A designated person can be an MP or a local councillor.

4. Taking your complaint further

If you're not happy with the way that we have handled your complaint and review, the Independent Housing Ombudsman may be able to consider your case.

You must wait eight weeks from the date of receiving the response from our review of your complaint, for the ombudsman to consider your case.