Buy, sell or remortgage a council-managed property

Find out what you need to do to buy, sell or remortgage a council-managed property.

To ensure you know as much about the property as possible, we offer a comprehensive information pack.

If you’re thinking about buying a property, you’ll probably want information about service charges, ground rent, section 20 consultation and major works. We have a standard pack of pre-assignment information about ex-council properties. It includes any major works planned for the block or estate and section 20 information.

Who asks the council for this information?

Ask the seller or their solicitor to request the information now. The pack contains information covered under data protection and is therefore sent to the seller or their solicitor to complete the Law Society LPE1 form.

What major works are planned?

We have a programme of planned major works to blocks and estates. To find out more, see Lambeth Housing Standard programme of works.