Change your name on the electoral register

Use this form to tell us if your name has changed since you registered to vote.

Before you start


You'll need to upload proof of your name change as a scanned PDF or JPG.

You can upload the following documents as proof:

- Amended birth certificate

- Deed poll

- Marriage or civil partnership certificate

- Overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate that has been deposited with the General Register Office for England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland

If you cannot provide any of the accepted documents, you can update your name on the electoral register by visiting GOV.UK to make a new application to register to vote.